1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

I asked the auditor “why?”

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by andic, Oct 26, 2022.

1. andic

andic Member

And it worked.

Had another customer audit today from a well known engine manufacturer. The auditor suggested that the melting shop and finishing line should be separated by a physical barrier like a fence or walkway railing. So I politely asked why do you think that is necessary? Once the surprise had passed he admitted that it wasn’t really, so long as all operators were working to the same standards of FOD prevention.

a result and really thanks to advice I have read on here. Cheers

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Well done @andic ;
    You and your organization have every right (and it's in the best interest of your teams/organizations), to professionally (tactful/polite), question/challenge input from auditors and/or customers, if/when their input is contrary to (or in some cases, actually detrimental to), your organization's approach and intended outputs.

Be well.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member