1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Friday Hangout

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by Claes Gefvenberg, Aug 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Emmyd

Emmyd Member

Getting ready for a chilly weekend of at least 6 baseball games, but most importantly spending some time with the fam. We finished our soccer season earlier this week - our team is still a work in progress, but since it is such a young one (out of 20 girls, 9 are freshmen!), we have great hopes for the future. Haven't made much progress on the Falcon or Bronco lately due to crazy schedules, but hoping to get back on them real soon.

Claes Gefvenberg likes this.
  2. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

I have been on Sabbatical this month. half way through today. some travel, some writing, some cooking, some chores. everyday is Friday!
    Today we have two excavators in our driveway backfilling the frostwall for our new 3 bay garage. lots of sand trucks and noise. Dogs going crazy! But we should have a garage by the time snow starts to accumulate.

3. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

Winter is starting to show its face. Freeze warnings are out for Southeast Wisconsin already. I'll have to get the skis down and ready.

4. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

Just recovering from 4 days TS16949 surveillance audit experience.

5. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

First frost tonight...first freeze tomorrow.
    I love summer.

Tuning the furnace up, sitting in the sun wishing it felt warm, and relaxing this weekend.
    Hopefully the bucket truck shows up tomorrow and pulls a 50' tree out of the back yard. That will be fun to watch.

6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Snow forecast for SE Michigan on Sunday. It's ONLY October! I don't refute "Global Climate Change" but it sure ain't "warming"...

7. PaulJSmith

PaulJSmith Well-Known Member

40°F this morning here, and will be in the 30s tonight and tomorrow night. First frost warnings of the season. Since mowing finally looks like it's officially over for the year, that opens up a big chunk of weekend for me (2.5 acres of grass that's staying short now!). More time for music!

8. Claes Gefvenberg

Claes Gefvenberg Moderator Staff Member

It's Fridayagain, and I am getting ready to do a lot of autumn related stuff around the house, some painting indoors and then watching the F1 race on Sunday. :) I just need to write a bunch of reports here at work first. :rolleyes:

As for autumn... Right now, the sun is shining, but that is not always the case. A couple of local pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PaulJSmith, Emmyd and GStough like this.
  9. Claes Gefvenberg

Ah.. My condolences, but there is a world of a difference between weather and climate, of course. :)

10. Andy Nichols

The climate certainly changed! 70 degrees F in the afternoon yesterday. Allowed me to wash my Triumph and do some other work outside - a very pleasant autumn day.

11. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

Only going to get a high of 52F here today in Maine.

We've had snow a couple times already, although it was gone not long after to fell.

Another wonderful weekend of chasing my boys, but with a small birthday celebration included :)

12. PaulJSmith

70°F here today, but windy with off-and-on rain. Looks like we're settling into some regular fall-like weather for the next week or so (40-ish to 60-ish). We're starting to get some nice colors from the trees now, too.

No major plans for this weekend beyond whatever the wife points at on the Honey-Do list.

13. Sandra T

Sandra T Member

Another week starting.....................nearly Friday!;)
    Always a busy weekend at the moment. Trying to help the hubby when I can as he is building us a bungalow on little plot of land we bought back in April. I just do the fetching and carryng and tidying when I can. I have to work to bring in the bacon as he is on it full time. We're living in a caravan at the moment in the garden (if you can call it that!) He's told me we should be in by Xmas (pray) getting rather cold in the mornings in the caravan now.

Claes Gefvenberg and PaulJSmith like this.
  14. Claes Gefvenberg

Freaky Friday, anyone? Well, maybe not freaky, but it's still Friday... Ok, I'm rambling, i know, but what are you up to today? Halloween antics? Watching another F1 race? let's hear it.

And just to keep things moving until you start posting: This weeks harvest from my office window.
    from left to right:

Jalapeño Capsicum Annum
    Okrazne Spicate
    Hot Orange
    Apache
    Kali Mirch X
    Peruvian Purple

[​IMG]

15. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

Happy Friday all ! Getting our Halloween groove on this weekend :)

16. Andy Nichols

Lots to do - interior decorating, Rover work (still) and Hallowe'en hang out with neighbors (if the weather holds)

Nikki likes this.
  17. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

We still need to carve our pumpkins, and then trick or treating Saturday. Shouldn't be too cold this year, around 50F with no rain. Then an extra hour of sleep as we turn our clocks back. I can't wait until it starts getting dark around 4:30pm --- said no one ever.

PaulJSmith and Andy Nichols like this.
  18. PaulJSmith

OK it's not technically Friday yet - or at least not for most of you - but realistically, it is for me. I've taken the day off tomorrow. I'll be spending part of the morning polishing up a music project. At 12:30, I'm attending an organ recital in St. Louis by a former coworker of mine from when I worked in the pipe organ industry. After that, I think I'm heading to a local indoor shooting range for a bit of fun mixed with some serious practice.

The rest of my weekend will likely be spent trying to squeeze in other musical pursuits around whatever honey-dos my wife decides are important.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

19. Claes Gefvenberg

It is now... and I'm tired, so TGIF! :) Any interesting plans for the Weekend?

20. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

Cleaning, chasing my boys around, ham dinner, and dare I say, the start of Christmas shopping...:eek::eek::eek: