1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Employee motivation IATF 7.3.2

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by guvenabi, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Where's the "facepalm" emoji when you want it?

Nicholas777 and qmr1976 like this.
  2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I thought it had to be "closed out" within a few weeks of the audit. They will verify its effectiveness on the next audit. But don't worry. I have had new auditors come in and shake their head at the previous auditors findings. In one instance the finding was so shameful, we completely revoked our "corrective action" with the new auditor's blessing.

qmr1976 and Andy Nichols like this.
  3. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

Wow....we can only be so lucky! LOL...responses for corrective actions have to be submitted within 60 days of an audit, unless there is a major finding (which we did have) so he was returning for that and we were able to choose which minor findings we wanted him to close out while he was here, so we would have less to worry about for our audit next year. We truly felt like this particular finding was sufficient and thought it could be verified for effectiveness and closed out that day, but the auditor thought otherwise.

4. qmr1976

:D I know, right? All I can say to that is 'BYE'! :cool:

5. qmr1976

[QUOTE="
    Today I overheard one of our call centre employees say to another "Can you deal with the nurse? That x.y% increase isn't enough to make me want to care." I had to walk away - if I had stayed, the words leaving my mouth would not have been appropriate for public. I've addressed in another way, but to hear such a statement made in public and in an area where a client on the phone could have heard that, I was equal parts angry and frustrated.

I would have to walk away from that, as well. Compassion is so lacking in today's workforce. I truly believe what goes around comes around. The next time that person needs help, they could very well receive the same treatment they gave the person who needed them. If they are that crass, I doubt any type of increase would make them care more. They are just crappy humans. There are a handful of people that no matter what you do to make improvements, they will find something to complain about. They are just never satisfied. I don't believe that is representative of the workforce as a whole, but they do exist and you definitely can't center improvements around those people. You just have to find what works for the majority of the people and go with it. The nay-sayers just need to get on board or go elsewhere!

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Although a bit late. Here are some methods that can satisfy 7.3.2 of IATF 16949:
    • Kaizen programs - where people near the operation seek improvement initiatives on anything that can be improved e.g. use of washable face-mask, reduction of signatories, etc. Incentives are given to people who contributed the idea;
    • Fixed-Point Photography - where a picture of an area that needs improvement (Before photo) is captured then the process-owner needs to produce a picture (After photo), at the same angle and position, after they corrected the area;
    • 8D approach in problem solving - where the team responsible for effectively addressing a problem is recognized and awarded;
    • Performance-Based Bonus - here in my country, government agencies give incentives for those departments and individuals that meet/exceed their set targets (although not automotive in nature but can be adopted by the sector).

Güven Abi likes this.
  7. prancuzas

prancuzas New Member

One more late step in-

please dont forget this part of the requirement - "...and to create an environment that promotes innovation."

I can not go into very specific details, but I would suggest creating a process where people could share their ideas. All the points mentioned in this topic are valid BUT... they can not prove the promotion of innovation as at first glance it is quite vague term on paper but I would suggest describing this area to have a linkage between every part of the requirement.

In short - Motivation must be connected to innovation and vice versa.

8. Andy Nichols

But it's not the goal. The goal is to create an environment that promotes innovation. An environment is about the management culture. Promoting innovation come from the management creating the right environment.

9. prancuzas

prancuzas New Member

Agree, Andy. But it will still not be sufficient to tell for example "structured problem solving creates environment for promoting technological innovation". One more link like "Ideas management tool" or similar is missing between management environment and promoting of innovation.

10. Andy Nichols

For whom?