1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

[CSR] PSA special characteristic

Discussion in 'APQP and PPAP' started by kozuba, Aug 30, 2020.

1. kozuba

kozuba New Member

Good morning,

I am new in Quality and I'm responsible for PSA projects. PSA Special characteristics is the topic which is hard for me to understand, so maybe you can help me with that.

1) During RFQ I received from customer a CTF list - it includes about 100 positions: half of them are tests and the second half are geometrical requirements. All of them have some level -> S (Safety) P (Breakdown), M (Major).
    2) I have to prepare PCP - should I include all characteristics from customer CTF list in PCP and if so, I should give them a class (CSE, CTF to audit) -> my question is how can I assess it - by D/PFMEA, by feasibility study or maybe other way?
    What about characteristics which are tests (corrosion test for example) - they are hard to put into PCP and tested during production.
    3) Are all characteristics which are in PCP marked as CSE become special characteristics? If so, are they all treated as Safety or maybe according to CTF list?

I would be very grateful if somebody can help me with that topic. I am struggled with it, but I have to deal with that.

2. G650ER

G650ER Member

PSA = ?, always good even on tech websites to share acronyms, as there are many with multiple meanings...

3. ppablitoo

ppablitoo New Member

Dear Kozuba
    Note that a mandatory training must be performed where this is mostly covered
    You should pass AQF APQP Training where is also provide documentation about CTF/CSE/CS and pcp definition

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. Can you reference the requirement where this is stated?