1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Cp and Cpk for little groups

Discussion in 'SPC - Statistical Process Control' started by Future engineer, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

OK I get that you want to complete your engineering project and ‘pass’ your intern assignment. But the real question here is what is the goal of your project? What is your project trying to accomplish?

Andy Nichols likes this.
  2. Future engineer

Future engineer Member

You know, sometimes it's hard to understand that the way which was pointed by somebody who you trust, is completely wrong. And in fact I felt really helpless and I did't know what should I look for... In that moment I KNOW what to look for but I can't find.

In theory - I' looking for a way to optimalisation one process in my company. In practice - it's art for art because my company tutor told me that they aren't going to change anything because it's too expensive. Quality engineering isn't my speciality but the covid pandemy froze many projects and plans in the company. But the company assigned a contract with my university and runs some engineering projects...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

That may be true, however, if the right project is chosen, it will save money. Did your tutor consider that? If not, change tutor...

4. Bev D

And even if they don’t make changes you can still perform a valid analysis that should be acceptable for your project

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. Bev D

So plot your data in sequential order of production against the spec limits. Use individual charts for each part/characteristic/machine so you are looking at unique processes. Then look a the graphs and think about what they are telling you. It’s that simple.

Andy Nichols likes this.