1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Contractor Qualification Questionnaire.

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by MonsterEnergy22, Dec 7, 2022.

1. MonsterEnergy22

MonsterEnergy22 Member

Hello all, first post.

I've received a CQQ and I've never seen one before, they're asking for the following.

-ISO 9001 Cert
    -Quality Management policy Statement
    -Quality Delivery Schedule (QDS)

The QDS is where things get confusing, I'm still new to Quality so I'm not entirely sure what this means.

It's asking for a "Specific project quality delivery method statement which describes how you will deliver the specific quality on our products."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we'd just adhere to the customer/product requirements like we do with every other manufacturing job. I'm not sure what they're exactly looking for here? as I said I'm very new to the world of quality and based in the UK, if any one could help I'd appreciate it.

Merry Christmas and thank you.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, Monster! Always happy to see another Brit here...

Words/titles/labels mean different things to different people in different markets/cultures/industries - and it might be worth reaching out to your contact at this customer for clarification of content. I am used to developing contract-specific or programme-specific Quality Plans, which it is common to be asked for/provide in some industries in the UK: Petrochem, construction, telecomms to name but 3. From the description that seems what they want.

If so, then it's a bit like a mini-Quality Management System, specifically for that project/product. It contains the (very) specifics of who does what, using which procedures and whatever criteria your organization is going to put in place to satisfy the customer's demand. It might include the key personnel involved and the project organization, plus details of the specific processes, instructions and records created, the particular suppliers involved and the relevant controls on what they provide, material lot traceability, certification etc. It should likely indicate who on the customer side will take care of being updated, change requests, etc. etc.

Sound right?

MonsterEnergy22 likes this.
  3. MonsterEnergy22

MonsterEnergy22 Member

Apologies for the very late reply Andy, Your previous reply was very helpful and sent me down the road of ISO 10005, as you're also based in the UK and you may be familiar with, my firm is now seeking certification for LPS 1175 (Loss prevention Standards) which specifically asks for a Quality Plan.

Again, thank you very much for guidance previously!

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Not for nearly 35 years! (Despite the Triumph motorcycle)

However, you are more than welcome and we’re happy to have been of some help!

MonsterEnergy22 likes this.