1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Automation of Internal Audit Process

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Amit Suri, May 13, 2017.

1. Amit Suri

Amit Suri New Member

Dear Friends,

Are there any thoughts on how to automate the internal audit process. These days, there is lot emphasis on cutting cost on internal auditors and their travel. I am in IT enabled services organization which has delivery centres across the globe and having internal auditors at every location is becoming a costly affair.

Any ideas/thoughts......please share.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You cannot automate audit if they are to be useful. If it's costly to have auditors in each location, you might want to review what your internal audit program is doing. If your audits aren't bringing some value to management then yes, they are costly - whatever is done. I'm betting your audit program isn't much value other than keeping you certified. Please take a look again at why you are doing audits, when you do them and how you do them...

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

You can audit documentation remotely, but Andy is correct in that in-person visits can be critically important for verifying conformance to requirements.

4. Nick1

Nick1 Member

Dear Amit,

Even though we provide an automation solution for Quality and Safety management I have to agree with the others, you cannot automate the audits. You can very well automate the documentation and reporting including workflows who needs to sign off but automating the audit cannot be done up till now. The audit requires a fine eye for detail and understanding of the procedure in order to perform, I haven't come across a sophisticated software solution that can replace the human brain when it comes to an audit. Maybe in the future.

if you would like to automate the administrative tasks with respect to the audit, just checked out www.qooling.com.