1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Audit Software for Tablets (no cloud connection)

Discussion in 'Process Audits and Layered Process Audits' started by Blake T, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Blake T

Blake T New Member

Hey everyone, my first time here - I've been looking around for some audit building software that we can use on Microsoft Surface. My company is a Tier 1 supplier for Toyota, and our parent company has a very strict 'no cloud-based software' policy.

I'm trying to roll out Microsoft Surface tablets within our facility to use for auditing so we can easily access the data and visualize KPI's and gaps. But I'm having a difficult time finding any software to aid in this process without it being connected to the cloud.

There's always the option of building an excel form and doing it from scratch - but there has to be a better way!

Any recommendations would be greatly apprecaited.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, Blake!
    Audit software? Can you help us with what kind/type of audit?

3. Blake T

Blake T New Member

Thanks Andy - Our typical audit is a process audit or a standardized work audit. But I want to have something in an easy to use format for our QC team members, where the data is stored in the 'backend' for me to review later.

4. Andy Nichols

TBH, Blake, I have yet to discover any software solution which, in my experience, comes close to being much use in an audit. If I can make a wide-sweeping, generalized statement (thereby offending some people, in the process) there are two schools of people: 1 designs software and 1 audits. As a result, the software products end up not being much use to an auditor...
    I can expand on those comments because I'm sure that someone may reply their experience is different with "X" software and that may be fine - if we understand what's being called an "audit".

5. Blake T

Blake T New Member

I may not be using 'audit' the same way that you are. What I consider a process audit is something like (see attacehd).

I want to make something like this, but in an 'app' format for ease of use to my inspectors.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

6. Andy Nichols

Aha! An inspection checklist/criteria. That makes sense. I have used a software product called "Tulip".

Tulip.co

However, my IT guru tells me that if you are a Microsoft 365 user organization, "PowerApps" is the way to go. Lots of app already configurable to do the kinds of inspections you want to accomplish.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  7. Blake T

Blake T New Member

Andy, thank you SO MUCH for this! This will revolutionize the way we work! Holy cow I can't believe I'm just finding out about this!

Andy Nichols likes this.