1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Audit Report

Discussion in 'ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental Management Systems' started by Afonso, Jun 4, 2024.

1. Afonso

Afonso Member

Hi to all.

I start working with Iso 14001:2015, and I'm trying to find some templates for audit report, checklists and some list of question for interviews. I feel very lost.
    And I want to know if the company I audit need to reply to my audit report with a corrective action plan.

Thank you for the help

2. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

Are you auditing one of your suppliers to ISO 14001? I guess I need some background information as far as your role and the role of whoever you're auditing is. It's not typical for someone other than a 3rd party registrar to come in and audit to the ISO 14001 standard. As for your company, if you have an environmental management system, you would perform internal audits to the standard. Most companies have their own prescribed format for auditing forms/reports. There usually aren't checklists associated with process approach audits, which is what ISO and IATF are now. Gone are the days of conformance audits. A format that we use was created internally, which includes Process Audited, Process Owner, Process Documentation, Process Inputs/Outputs and any additional miscellaneous audit notes. I am sure there are examples online that you could follow, too.

3. Afonso

Afonso Member

Thank you for the reply.
    I'm a environmental engineer. And recently I accept the role of leading in a new environmental department. My role now is internal audits and because we are starting and I dont have experience I'm asking for guidence.
    Thank you for all the help

4. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

In that case, I would take a course from somewhere that might offer internal auditor training courses in your area that is specific to the ISO-14001 standard. They will not only train you on the standard itself, but show you how to document findings, write up an audit report, as well as go over local, state and federal environmental regulations. They usually also include group work, which involves performing mock audits with the training group. I hope this helps!

5. Afonso

Afonso Member

I will search for that courses in my country. If anyone knows souch courses in portugal would be great.
    Thanks for the help.

qmr1976 likes this.
  6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member