1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Aircraft GAPP Software Testing Compliance Question

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by ISO9001TD, Dec 2, 2022.

1. ISO9001TD

ISO9001TD Member

Per our contract, only a software test report is required as a deliverable.

The issue was raised that test reports and test plans must follow a defined template as part of our AS9100 compliance. The further sticking point then being a requirement to have a test/QA witness for the test activities as implied/required by the templates.

The items for discussion are as follows:

• Is this a correct understanding: Must follow template for test plan and/or test report or it’s a non-compliance issue?
    • Is this a correct understanding: Test activities that are formally reported to the customer must have a witness or it’s a non-compliance issue?
    • Should we have an independent (or semi-independent) witness for any formal testing as a matter of good practice?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

As with most claims like this, asserted by individuals, as part of compliance, there must always be a reference to a requirement. Now, although I don’t possess total recall, I cannot recall anything in AS9100D about software report templates or formats. Did you read through your copy?

3. ISO9001TD

ISO9001TD Member

8.3.4.1 When tests are necessary for verification and validation, these tests shall be planned, controlled, reviewed, and documented to ensure and prove the following:

a. test plans or specifications identify the test item being tested and the resources being used, define test objectives and conditions, parameters to be recorded and relevant acceptance criteria;

b. test procedures describe the test methods to be used, how to perform the test, and how to record the results;

c. the correct configuration of the test item is submitted for the test;

d. the requirements of the test plan and the test procedures are observed;

e. the acceptance criteria are met.

Monitoring and measuring devices used for testing shall be controlled as defined in clause 7.1.5.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes? I don’t understand how this is relevant to the OP question?

5. WattsJA

WattsJA Member

I believe what they're referencing are the requirements laid out in 8.3.4.1. I don't have a copy of your contract, but with this requirement these items must be spelled out in the test report. It's not really a template (although I'm sure those exist) but more of a content requirement.

I think you're referring to item d. That simply states that you must adhere to the requirements of the test plan and procedures. A customer or third party observer or witness would typically be used for a First Article Test or Materials inspection

I don't know. That would be per contract and your company policy, I imagine.

Hope I understood your question and helped a bit.