1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

AIAG CQI-23 Molding System Assessment

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Pongsakorn, May 9, 2023.

1. Pongsakorn

Pongsakorn Active Member

I understand that the AIAG CQI-23 "Molding System Assessment" is applicable for the supplier who produce "service parts" by using Plastic Injection Mold to automotive customer only.
    The product of my company is "Integrated Circuits (ICs)" used for Automotive, there is the encapsulation process using plastic injection mold and I think that AIAG CQI-023 is not applicable for electronics product that use plastic to just cover the circuits like ICs.
    Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

3. Pongsakorn

Pongsakorn Active Member

Hi Andy, thanks for the crystal clear advice.
    I am new to this, customer just asked me to do the assessment.
    Thanks again.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

In reviewing the requirements it doesn't specifically mention "Over molding" as a process, so I guess you could use that as a "caveat" to the requirements being applicable. We know that over molding is a common term in the plastics industry as a distinct process.