1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

A Question about 9.2.2

Discussion in 'OHSAS - Occupational Health and Safety' started by donchon, May 15, 2019.

1. donchon

donchon Member

d) ensure that the results of the audits are reported to relevant managers; ensure that relevant audit results are reported to workers, and, where they exist, workers' representatives, and other relevant interested parties;

I am confused whether "where they exist" applies to both workers' representatives and other relevant interested parties.

- workers' representatives where they exist
    - other relevant interested parties where they exist

- workers' representatives where they exist
    - other relevant interested parties

Which is correct 1 or 2 ??

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Workers' representatives really equals union personnel. There may be other interested parties too. Like a regulatory body, for example. So, the "where they exist" means if unions are represented (they may not be) but you can bet a regulatory agency would need to know! (answer 2)

Jennifer Kirley and tony s like this.
  3. donchon

donchon Member

Thanks for the answer.
    So you mean "where they exist" only applies to workers' representatives.
    Actually I understood it as 1 because I thought there may be or may not be other interested parties.
    I am still a bit confused but it helps a lot. thank you.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Good point. Did you identify any when addressing the "Context of the Organization"? That's the kicker here.

Jennifer Kirley likes this.
  5. donchon

donchon Member

I understand what your point is.

Thanks.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. Balaji Rajaraman

Balaji Rajaraman New Member

Andy is right. Workers' representatives means trade unions. There are several companies where the trade unions perform "collective bargaining" on behalf of all the company's workmen. So, if those unions are present and are applicable, then the OHSMS audit results need to be intimated not only to the workers, but also to the union's representatives.
    Coming to the interested parties, the local NGO, to whom the company has given some commitment (say, regarding health and safety of workmen), could be an interested party for the company's OHSMS.