1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

8.4.1.1 Control of Externally Provided Products

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Anders Kemper, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Anders Kemper

Anders Kemper New Member

I have some thoughts about this issue. were should I draw the line. For example material suppliers are quiet easy to handle but what about IT services ? If they don't work you will hard time and problems to deliver to your custumer. I don't think you can have the same method of monitoring this two types of suppliers. Whats other oponion ?

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Do you outsource IT services already?

As always, it's about what you want. The contract of service should be specific about type and extent of services provided, and who owns the systems if the IT people set them up. I know of a city administration that had difficulty hiring the right IT Administrator, so they contracted services with the area internet provider. Expectations (I was not privy to the contract) included timely response to trouble calls (not responded to within 24 hours), full support in representing the city when audited by the government (not received), and on-schedule performance of backups (not done). In short, the contract was determined to be a fail and they hired an IT Administrator.

Someone needs to keep track of all of this. The data collection is a task best suited for someone with access to system apps that show call return time, and/or contact with internal customers in order to assess the performance, as well as enough understanding of all this to know when things are going well or not. IT is a technical subject, but there must be someone in your organization who can do this monitoring of performance...