1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

5.1.1.1 Corporate Responsibility

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by bkirch, Jun 7, 2024.

1. bkirch

bkirch Active Member

In the desire for process auditing when it comes to system audits, for our internal audits we audit our Quality System processes. I haven't ever been completely satisfied on how we have identified those processes.

For example, when were were implementing IATF, we went through the clauses and asked our selves in what processes would that clause be applicable. One of those clauses is 5.1.1.1, which states "The organization shall define and implement corporate responsibility policies, including at a minimum an anti-bribery policy, an employee code of conduct, and an ethics escalation policy (“whistle-blower policy”). We identified the process of Human Resources as the process in which this clause would fall.

This brings me to my question, to me Human Resources is really identifying a department, not a process. Human Resources is responsible for the requirements states in clause 5.1.1.1, but would there be a better name of the Quality System process that this would fall under?

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Yes - “HR” is a dept- but don’t get too caught up on dept/process terminology . Use/do what’s best and understood in your organization.

IF you’re looking for a relevant process name , the standard has already provided you with one option. “Corporate Responsibility” , the function of which has inputs (policies; training; resources), converted into outputs (behavior; social and community engagement;, etc,..)

Be well

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I find the whole IATF "automotive process approach" to be annoying. It's not defined for the actual people who are supposed to know it. Further more, auditing a "policy" isn't achieved by auditing a process. Contrary to popular opinion and conventional QMS wisdoms, not everything is a process.