1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Software for doing GRRs

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Kate Carr, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Kate Carr

Kate Carr New Member

I was told during our last IATF audit that I am not using approved software for GRRs and need to use MINITAB (I currently use SPC for Excel). I am looking through the IATF standard and MSA manual and cant seem to find any references to approved software. What is acceptable.

Also, if I decide to purchase MINITAB, do I purchase Single Named User Annual Subscription + Measurement System Analysis Module version? Any other recommendations in terms of what modules to purchase?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Who told you that? Who decided it was “unapproved”? Tell them to pack sand

3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

@Kate Carr
    Welcome Kate....

What @Andy Nichols said....

Unless you are serving an OEM, which has specific stipulations on the type of software, then there is no basis for the auditor's comment.

The auditor MUST (their rules, so called, "Rules, 'x' edition") identify the requirement to which the actual situation is contrary. Make them do that every time.

Hope this helps.
    Be well.

4. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

5. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

You just have to make sure you're software uses the formulas setout in the MSA books -- which of course most do.