1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

IATF 16949:2016 ISO 9001:2016 HELPPPP

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by KShibby, Apr 7, 2017.

?

Should there be drastic changes taking place switching to the new standard?

1. yes

57.1%
  2. no

42.9%
  1. KShibby

KShibby Member

I am relatively new to my company and this is my first auditing position. I was hired a year ago and was trained to ISO/TS 16949:2009. We had a successful recertification audit in september 2016, and now we are having to have another recert to the new standard. my issue is ( idk if it is nerves or what) but i am not comprehending what i need to do within our processes to adjust to this new standard. i am pulling hair out, our recert to the IATF 16949:2016/ISO 9001:2015 IS IN LESS THAT 5 MONTHS and i am at a stand still. if there is ANY help anyone has to offer i would be so so grateful!
    direct email- kayla@tetramold.com

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi KShibby:

In many ways, as far as the internal audit process activities go, there's nothing much to change (if you already have an effective internal audit process, of course) between ISO/TS and IATF.

Of course, you can self check that you meet the requirements of 9.2.2 - in particular the Core Tools requirements - and that you meet any competency requirements your own QMS may state you need (in addition to training).

There are, of course, some considerable changes between the ISO/TS 16949 and IATF requirements which need to be embodied in your organization's QMS and these are where your internal audits should be focused (the new ISO 9001:2015 requirements state that your audit program should consider "...changes affecting the organization..." So, you could make these a priority to audit in the coming months and that's a great response to give your CB auditor when they arrive to audit your organization. Now, breathe deeply and go audit!

3. KShibby

KShibby Member

so essentially, to conform to the new requirement all i have to do is preform process audits?
    i don't have to add subtract or anything to our qm or qp?
    in other words there is no need to change any of our quality system documents?

4. Andy Nichols

I suspect that you WILL have to make some significant changes (your internal audit process doesn't need much change), but YES - you WILL have to make quite a lot of changes. Who is your Management Rep? Are they not aware of what they have to do?

5. David Bradley

David Bradley Active Member

To sort of back up Andy's comment above, he states: "There are, of course, some considerable changes between the ISO/TS 16949 and IATF requirements which need to be embodied in your organization's QMS..." This correctly implies that you will have to add, modify or delete quite a bit from your QM. Most of your operational documentation probably won't have to change, but there are some additional areas where new documents (documented information will need to be developed). I would recommend you go through both ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 and make sure you know where each "shall" is being addressed in your QMS. If a shall is not being addressed, then you will need to do so. And that may, or may not require new documentation.

Added: Forgot to add... Welcome to The Quality Forum...

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. KShibby

KShibby Member

ok, i am slowly getting a better grasp on this. we are a very small business, so our management is involved quite a bit, which covers 5.0 and it appears that our current qms is adequate in all areas except the risk analysis. and this is where i am getting all caught up... so it isn't necessary to alter our manual persay verses adding risk based analysis into our processes and process documentation?

and Thank you for the welcoming!

7. KShibby

KShibby Member

we currently use FMEA, and SWOT Analysis, but from what i have read those should be used as supplementals to risk analysis

8. Andy Nichols

Hi again:

I'm guessing you have a copy of IATF 16949. If you don't then you should grab one asap. I'll send you some information from the AIAG that I got from attending the roll-out back last year.

9. KShibby

KShibby Member

yes i do, i am struggling with the implementation. this info you sent over seems promising

Andy Nichols likes this.
  10. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

You might consider attending a training on Transition to IATF 16949 from ISO TS16949. A face to face interaction with a trainer can help boost your confidence in transitioning your system.

11. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

They could be used as support tools for analyzing risks or the actual appropriate tools for the risk analysis. For example clause 6.1.2.1 mentioned "risk analysis" for repairs and rework but clauses relevant to both (i.e. 8.7.1.4 and 8.7.1.5) require use of risk analysis "such as FMEA". FMEA may have been mentioned for at least 25 times in the IATF Standard but I will not use it for establishing contingency plans as per clause 6.1.2.3.