1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO9001:2015 Quality Manual

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Craig Dixon, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Craig Dixon

Craig Dixon Member

I know that having Quality Manual is no longer a requirement under the 2015 standard but I have decided to stick with the use of a Quality Manual in my organisation.

Up to now I have included information such as an introduction, the policy statement, an overview of the company's processes, company procedures and organisational charts.

I am just wondering if I should be including a table showing the list of interested parties for each division of the company. I have already produced this table with the input of Top Level Management but I am not sure weather or not to include in the Manual.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Did you consider the "context of the organization" when coming to this conclusion? Did you evaluate the needs and expectations of your interested parties, the need to address internal and external issues... (I'm always a bit worried when the QMS is supposed to be a shared experience, yet someone [apparently] make unilateral decisions like this).

Does it help that AS9100D requires such a thing (along with the others in Context)? You could always put it in Management Review records, of course, which is likely to be a better forum to discuss and stay in touch with.

Che Promubol likes this.
  3. PSRiordan

PSRiordan Member

Hi Craig, none of my clients have eliminated the quality manual. This is due in part to the fact that customers sometimes request them/expect them.

I don't know that I'd put that in there. The context of the organization, and interested parties and their needs, can be quite dynamic (is the business climate the same today as last year? maybe not!) - and the discussion around these topics should be the basis for looking at risks and opportunities.

In my QM I would say that you regularly assess these and perhaps briefly describe how it is done.

Just a few thoughts.

4. Craig Dixon

Craig Dixon Member

Many thanks for the replies.

That was one of the main reasons we kept our Quality Manual because of our clients expectations to provide a quality manual.

I think think I will include a brief description of how the needs and expectation of interested parties are assessed, who by and how frequent.
    I will also include a brief description of how the associated risks are identified and dealt with.

Thank you for your thoughts, much appreciated.

5. Andy Nichols

You may be over thinking this... ;):D

6. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I am thinking as Andy is thinking, that you may be over-thinking this.

There is no need to define in a procedure or quality manual how the needs and expectations of interested parties are assessed, only that you do it and that you respond to opportunities that result.

7. pkfraser

pkfraser Active Member

Going a step further: your QM didn't need to be a single "document" even to comply with the previous version of the standard.
    What do your clients look for when they read your QM (if they do!)? You may already be providing more than they want or need. The whole point of a certificate is to confirm that you comply with all requrements. It sounds as though you are providing for the "needs and expectations of interested parties" (ie customers and prospects) by producing this document, but it might be worth checking that you are giving them no more than they need...

8. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Clause 4.2.2 of ISO 9001:2008 is already a complete guide in itself if you want to develop a Quality Manual as part of the documented information for an ISO 9001:2015 compliant QMS. I'll just make sure that in describing the QMS scope, Clause 4.3 of the 2015 version is well satisfied.

I wouldn't add such list if I were you. It's not a requirement. Not necessary. Non-value adding. Not the intent of Clause 4.2.

A good auditor will not look for that. A good auditor, if he/she wants to know how the organization satisfies Clause 4.2, would rather ask questions pertaining to relevant requirements of relevant interested parties and how the organization fulfills such requirements.

Che Promubol likes this.
  9. lokesh kumar

lokesh kumar New Member

hey guys

any one have manual of iso/ts-16949-2016 latest version??????????????

10. Andy Nichols

Welcome! Are you asking for a quality manual or the actual standard - which, by the way isn't ISO/TS 16949 any more it's IATF 16949 and you must have ISO 9001:2015 to be able to use it.