1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Documented QMS scope

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Charles Glatfelter, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Charles Glatfelter

Charles Glatfelter New Member

I would like to know thoughts on the documentation of the QMS scope. Preferably in great detail. I am not sure if what my company currently has is sufficient. Curious of other view points on the matter.

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hi, Charles...have you tried a search here in QFO on scope/context of a QMS? We've had several discussions on it.

Or, if you're looking for specific feedback, would you be willing to share what your company has developed?

3. Pondo

Pondo Member

I have also been working on QMS scope recently. What I am really struggling on is how the process of "considering" the external & internal issues as well as requirements of relevant interested parties is incorporated into the documented scope.

The upper mgmt team has already convened and determined SWAT and the needs/expectations of interested parties. We are considering these factors...but how would that look in the documented scope???

4. Pondo

Pondo Member

Just missed your response...I was going to search but I saw the Charles' question so I jumped aboard. I'll start searching...:)

RoxaneB likes this.
  5. Charles Glatfelter

Charles Glatfelter New Member

Thanks Roxane I will look.

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I believe that if an organization considers "internal and external issues that are relevant to its purpose", its QMS scope will be defined more "holistically". Here in the Philippines, there are organizations who would seek certification for "limited" scope. Some organizations (private and governmental) with their "limited" scope include:
    • an electric distribution company - "training" system;
    • a fast food giant - "burger patty making" process
    • a light-rail company - "crew administration" process;
    • a land transportation agency - "license issuance" service;
    • a social security agency - "members registration" process
    Although these companies have defined their "mission" statements but their QMS scopes are apparently not in consonance with their "purpose for existing".