1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

AS9100 C: Track & Report Nonconforming Product Data

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Nick Hulten, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Nick Hulten

Nick Hulten New Member

Part of the AS9100 C requirements are that companies track Nonconforming Product. What methods have you used to track and report this data?

I am looking for different methods so I can generate ideas as we try to improve our system.

2. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

We track by product and actual failure mode or nonconformance. We do not track by 'cause' as this is almost always a guess and overly aggregates the data to the point where it is not actionable. We use SPC to monitor it and a basic severity rating scale of 1- 5 to prioritize it. We are currently utilizing SAS and Visual Analytics to create and publish the reports but have used EXCEL in the past...the data itself is stored in SAP or some other enterprise system and SAS/EXCEL pull the data from there

3. Nick Hulten

Nick Hulten New Member

Thank you for sharing Bev!

4. Vivekanand Mathapati

Vivekanand Mathapati New Member

From my point of view it is better to follow AS9131 and some alteration as required by the organizations for non-conformance management.