1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

MSA related

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by luckycharm, Mar 8, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharm Member

Hi guys,

Can i have input / clarification, do i need to do GRR, Bias/Linearity and Stability all together for a gauge in compliance to MSA requirement?

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Let me guess. Did you have an audit finding because you didn't have bias, linearity and stability?

3. luckycharm

luckycharm Member

Not due to an audit finding Golfman25.
    We are actually compliant since we are currently doing GRR,bias and linearity and stability.
    Previous in-charge of MSA was doing the 3 studies per gauge. As the new in-charge, i find it overly done,thus, I'm seeking clarification
    if really needed or I can just define what study to use appropriate per gauge.

4. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Well I was told by my CB during an appeal that the iatf auditors required bias, et al. For a MSA. I agree it is overkill in certain situations. For us it definitely was. My advice would be to get a written exception from your customers. Then you might be "safe."

5. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Luckycharm
    In order to determine a gauge is compliant, calibrations suppliers perform such tests.
    But if you are an user and send gauges to supplier, you are not required to do RR,Bias,etc.
    You trust in you supplier regarding the gauge (it is in compliance or not).
    Regards

6. luckycharm

luckycharm Member

Qualmx
    We do calibration of our own IMTE thus we do the MSA as well.
    We only send our Standards to External Calibrator but we do not require them to submit MSA report for those IMTE.
    During our TS audit, we were told that our Standard IMTE too need to have MSA, I am then trying to secure from our External Calibrator