1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO/TS 16949:2016 Draft

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Canaan, Feb 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Canaan

Canaan New Member

Hello,

I am the ISO coordinator at a relatively new automotive supplier, and we have been charged with becoming TS certified by March 2017. With the new revision of the standard set to be released in December, and with 2009 certification set to expire in September 2018, we are hoping to just be initially certified to the 2016 revision.

My question is if anyone knows if the draft of the new revision is ever made available to the public. I am hoping to get a copy so we can begin a gap analysis well in advance of the planned December release.

Thanks.

2. AndyH

AndyH Member

Absolutely no need to do so. It's a draft which suggests you may identify and plan for certain gaps that may not exist when the new release comes into play. Wasted time and effort, especially given the grace period after a new release of the standard.

Don't think drafts are released to anyone other than the entities consulting on the standard.

3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

The problem is that the way it's going there is going to be less than 24 months grace period. It would at least be nice to see what they are "thinking."

4. Joe Fries

Joe Fries New Member

From reading the IATF communique regarding TS cert expirations in Sept. 2018 due to the release of ISO 9001:2015, if I were planning a new TS certification in 2017 I would consider implementing my system to the new ISO language plus current TS requirements. Then again, the communique doesn't fully clarify this and ends by saying that the IATF is currently developing TS 2009 transition plans. It may be best to select your registrar as soon as possible and seek their guidance. The communique is linked below:

http://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/...ique_2015_007_Certificate_Expiration_Date.pdf

5. AndyH

AndyH Member

Given the new version is being written to follow the new version of 9001 then don't anticipate huge material change (but you never know!). They'll release a draft when the technical committee has a good idea of a final agreement amongst themselves...

6. Tony Wardle

Tony Wardle Member

I assume this indicates they will follow Annex SL?

7. AndyH

AndyH Member

I would certainly think so - it may even be a requirement for new standards by now. Should make life a little simpler:)

8. MikeB

MikeB New Member

If you get the opportunity to look at the ISO22301:2012 Business Continuity Managment Systems; which in one of the first standards to follow the Annex SL format. BTW, if you want to improve on your contingency planning, I recommend looking at this standard as well.

9. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Sadly not! ISO 13485 is not adopting the Annex SL...

10. AndyH

AndyH Member

Well that's just not systematic! lol