1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Clause 4 in the standard

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Sonita, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Sonita

Sonita Member

Good Day, I just need some advice that I am on the right track with clause number 4- determining the context of the organization, interested and affected parties, their requirements and the scope of our system.

We have already done a SWOT analysis, and discuss internal and external affected parties our risks and opportunities in our Mancom meeting this year. (it is documented in minutes) we are planning to determine our context and scope in our meeting next week. Will this be sufficient to show that we do comply to clause 4 in the standard or do we need any additional documents?

Thanks

2. David Sanabria

David Sanabria Active Member

That's a big question...

First what is SWOT and Mancom

Which sub-clause you need additional information

Under Clause 4.1 (keep it simple
    1. First you could develop an organization chart that explains the roles and responsibilities.
    2. Develop a flow chart that shows your processes and interaction of processes.(while doing that - ask yourselves - where are the risks in my processes).

3. WCHorn

WCHorn Member

Based on posts in other threads in this topic, I think you're on the right track. Management review is a great place to record the context, interested and affected parties, their requirements and the scope of the system, as well as risks and opportunities covered in your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats analysis. I don't think any further documents or documentation are required.

4. Sonita

Sonita Member

Thanks WCHorn,

David SWOT analysis is Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats analysis of the business. Mancom is our Management Committee meeting (Like a management review meeting)
    We already have all our processes and interactions of these processes together with our risks and resources needed mapped in swim lanes.

5. charanjit singh

charanjit singh Member

A question for the Moderators. We have at least 4 threads for virtually the same topic, viz.

1. Context- New standard
    2. Context of the Organisation- ISO 9001-2015
    3. Clause 4 in the Standard
    4. Section 4.1 & 4.2 on Context of the Organisation-Visual Representation.

Will it not be helpful if we could combine all the four into a single thread? Otherwise we might miss some useful opinions expressed in one thread but not the others. Please examine. I am posing this question in all the four threads, so everyone can think about it.

6. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

This concern was raised up to the Moderator group. After some discussion, it was decided to leave the 4 threads related to 'Context' as stand-alone discussions. While all of the threads are related to 'Context', the actual specifics of each thread are different and the conversations are focused on these slight nuances. As well, to merge them together at this point would result in a very disjointed and confusing thread.

QFO is still relatively new and we recognize that people are not accustomed to using the 'Search' function before starting a new post. Over time, as our threads and subjects grown in numbers and scope, Moderators will start to promote the use of the 'Search' function.

It is also recommended that individuals use the 'Report' function (located at the bottom of each post within a thread) if there any concerns or recommendations.

Should you have any questions, please contact a Moderator.

Thank you and happy posting! :)

Andy Nichols likes this.