1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality Spill Acronym

Discussion in 'Supplier Quality, Audits & Other Supplier Issues' started by ncwalker, Jan 12, 2016.

1. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

So I need a good spill acronym.

In the military, when we observed enemy movement, we gave a SALUTE report to higher headquarters. EVERYONE in the military knows this. The acronym was 1) Easy to remember 2) Ensured the complete information was reported. It was:

Size
    Activity
    Time
    Equipment

So when you called in an enemy sighting, your report had to include all those aspects. It prevented all the back and forth.

The task is - when bad parts are discovered in a process and supplier quality is notified, what is the acronym? Should have things like: defect, quantity, traceability (from packaging), self declare (can it pass our process and get to customer), sort needed (or are they going to work through it), etc. as a starting point.

Bonus points if you can make is spell out CRAP PARTS or something. :)

2. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Its seems to be a nonconformance product, which normally when its detected , the information like: quantity, the problem found, machine,area, etc. It is recorded in a format named non conformity report, this what I mean. Hope my comment is useful.

3. QMSmaster

QMSmaster Active Member

I worked at a major corporation that would be considered a pioneer in the quality field. We also used the term Quality Spill. For us it was used to signify a MAJOR quality issue that either caused a large quantity of production defects or escaping customer defects. Spills were managed at a much elevated intensity. Only a small percentage of nonconformances would qualify as spills.

What is a spill to your company?

4. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

Just playing with words....

S everity: How many, how bad?
    C ost Estimate: How much value add, how expensive were they?
    R esponsibility: Who is following up on this? (NOT who is to blame...though that might need to be part of it)
    A ctions Taken: What has already been done about it?
    P roposed fixes: How do we get good parts back running, how do we avoid this happening again...