1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

November - Quality Month

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by Norml1, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Norml1

Norml1 Member

November is Quality Month. Where I was previously employed, we used to have weekly games/contests with a Quality theme to promote Quality Awareness. We would also have teams submit ideas for a new Quality Slogan and use that slogan until the next year's winner of the Quality Slogan Contest. Weekly games/contests consisted of Word Searches, Crossword Puzzles, etc. and there would be a end of the month Chili Cook-off where the grand prize winner would be announced and give out Company Logo Quality Month T-shirts to all employees.
    I am going to do something similar here for Quality Month and was wondering if anyone else's Company does anything similar and if anyone else has some suggestions to make this a big event!
    Thanks,
    Norml1

2. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

Wahoo ! Does this mean I can ignore all that QMS stuff in December ?!?

Looking forward to the puzzles and games...Thanks for doing it Norml1

Norml1 likes this.
  3. Norml1

Norml1 Member

You can never ignore Quality!
    When I said puzzles and games "here", I meant here where I work, but I don't mind sharing the puzzles I come up with each week!

4. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

Ohhh, I love puzzles!

One company I worked for had a very good handle on safety prevention. When they said safety was job number 1, they weren't kidding. Management talked the talk, and walked the walk.

Our plant did something similar with your quality slogan. But they also asked for a logo to go along with it. That was fun. And the person who won had his wonderful/ funny drawing displayed with the slogan. Although in your case, I may worry that some people may not submit slogans because they couldn't can't up with a good logo.

5. Norml1

Norml1 Member

Quality Month went very well. Our games included a Word Search, Crossword puzzle, Word Scramble, and Quality/Company Trivia. I am attaching the Word Scramble that I came up with (looks surprisingly like the famous JUMBLE). We had seven slogan ideas from each dept./group and the winning group will be treated to a Pizza Party with the slogan being put on a banner and displayed until next year's 2nd annual Quality Month. We finished the event off with a Chili-cookoff, where a winner was judged and the other prize winners were announced. This event was a first for our Company and a huge success. Next year's event will be even better.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

6. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

I like it. What's the answer.

7. Candi1024

I have only three words unscrambled, but I'm going to guess the answer is Teamwork. Yes?

8. Norml1

Norml1 Member

That is correct!

9. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

scrambled all

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

10. Norml1

Norml1 Member

The answers are:
    WORK GOAL
    ACTIVITIES
    MANAGEMENT
    STRATEGY
    SUCCESS
    THINK

PUZZLE ANSWER: TEAM WORK

The photo clue is a blurry picture of the Tennessee Vols before they go out to start a game. The touch the sign on the way out that reads, "I will give my all for Tennessee Today"! (Thus implying TEAMWORK)

Emmyd likes this.
  11. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

Darn, I thought it was "Eat Worm", but couldn't figure out what to do with the "K" :p

Nice puzzle...I shared it around here. Thanks for sharing it.

12. Candi1024

I figured out all the scrambles except ACTIVITIES. I knew the third letter was a T, but I was staring at that all day yesterday and I couldn't figure it out.

13. Norml1

Norml1 Member

Yes, the ten letter word scrambles can be quite a challenge!

14. Emma Jason

Emma Jason New Member

well i think I've joined so late to the favorite game of mine word unscramble post. I like to play daily jumble and use to solve four word puzzles with getting help from daily jumble answer sometimes. Maybe I should see or post some new word puzzles here to have some fun.

15. Emma Jason

Emma Jason New Member

You have done well by the way, do you like to play jumble daily and love to unscramble these type of puzzles on daily basis. Well I and my husband just love to do so and we enjoy finding solution for https://dailyjumbleanswer.com, if we feel stuck at any point of the game. I suggest you should try also.