1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Exemplar Global Audit Simulator

Discussion in 'ASQ, IRCA, IATF, Exemplar & Related Organizations' started by Andy Nichols, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

2. QueenOfQuality

QueenOfQuality Member

I’ve used safety mint and Radar for auditing. Much more compatible with tablet/phone and has a very ‘app’ feel so people feel comfortable using them. As a QM I love QPulse for audit but I don’t like the build that you have to put into new audits :(

3. Andy Nichols

I think this is more of a training platform, than an app for planning/conducting audits.

4. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

That is true. They explain it on this page. They offer it as a paid service to use as a training tool. The concept seems nice but I am thinking its benefit would be greater for continuous learning versus replacing in-person learning. I am very concerned about effectiveness of virtual classrooms for auditor training.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. Andy Nichols

An excellent point. Having been the "instructor at the front" for hundreds of training events, I'd tend to agree, however, I believe that it's more to do with the actual training design (instructional design) that the mode of delivery. I'm currently involved with a technique which works to make on-line learning much more effective because it's about the learning experience, not just "Death by Powerpoint" delivered over Zoom - which is what the vast majority of trainers do (because they are not familiar with "instructional design" or andragogy)

6. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I agree in theory but I am concerned with not being able to see or respond to body language in a classroom. Energy, boredom, confusion, and the "Aha!" indicators are not available to us unless we have a camera shot of everyone all the time - which I think I would have some trouble keeping track of.

7. Andy Nichols

Well, I can vouch for the use of andragogy based learner training materials, so that the negative issues tend to be fewer.