1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

How to find technical specification for facilities maintainance

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by sunrize, Oct 24, 2019.

1. sunrize

sunrize Member

Dear friend

for a company working in facility maintenance (electrical, painting, pluming...etc) "installation, repair, maintenance) seek for ISO certification

all of works are done with technicians based on experience, no technical standards or specification are used as references

how and where we can find technical standards and regulation for best practices in these works and used as a guidance to define parameters and criteria for quality and inspection of works after it was finished?

Regards

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @sunrize ;
    How is the company doing it so far? While benchmarking and having any necessary standards can be "good" things, what makes them believe they need to change from their current practices ? i.e, if they are successful, why are they looking for different methods? What is their current criteria for quality? Satisfied customer? Return business ?

I would council that you consider these things before disrupting the organization with changes that may not be necessary.

Hope this helps.

Be well.

3. sunrize

sunrize Member

we didn't to change their system for doing business

but they should have a reference to judge if they do their work with the best practice.

if you are doing any business how you can show to auditor that you are doing the best? and what is your reference?

i think that every organization should document their work based on standard or defined criteria, especially if work done based on just experience and client didn't aware good about this business

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @sunrize;
    Your opinions may be necessary input into the company's development (or not). It is not possible for me/us to determine what is best for your organization. However, the requirements for ISO 9001:2015 are clearly laid out in the standard. Your organizations is certainly free to go beyond the requirements of the standard, but that is up to your and your organization.

My references are always the standard and supporting documentation. In this case my reference is ISO 9001:2015.

Hope this helps.

Be well.

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Your country must have a collection of standards on electrical, construction, mechanical, etc. Try looking at the website of your government agency that sets the industry standards for your country.