1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Auditing Sponsorship

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by jfranko, Sep 10, 2019.

1. jfranko

jfranko New Member

Hello Everyone! I have been trying to find a company to sponsor and train me to be a full time auditor.
    I started this year auditing processes through-out my current facility and have taken a lead auditor course through BSI and was certified through Exemplar Global. My goal in this thread is to find guidance into how to become a full time auditor, find a mentor, and secure a sponsorship that will allow me to work and learn with as little out of pocket money spent as possible. This is my first posting, and I don't really understand the structure of the auditing community. Any information you could provide would be awesome. Thank you all.

John C. Abnet likes this.
  2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Don't hold your breath! I come from the CB industry and the CB's who will do this, will take you for a ride. Unless you have some specific industry skills and a lot of experience, most are not going to be interested. A lot of audits are done by 1 auditor, alone. So you'd be extra and they can't charge for for that.

You'd be better off finding a supplier QA job and building the audit talent that way. Most CB auditors of any credibility came up that route.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @jfranko
    Great to see you on the forum...you'll get some great advice here from extremely knowledgeable individuals.

@Andy Nichols has beyond words experience in this area and his advice is always valuable and I would recommend any path he suggests. I would encourage you not to give up, as the juxtaposition to the challenges to reaching your goal is the fact that there is a shortage of available auditors in the industry. Keep reaching out and hopefully something will open for you.

Be well.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Where would you like me to send the check? :D

John C. Abnet likes this.
  5. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

AIAG. That's where all the rest of the money seems to go ;)

6. D Gomer

D Gomer New Member

7. D Gomer

D Gomer New Member

Hi jfranko, I’m also looking for sponsorship and have taken the lead auditor course. It’s really tough to find someone in the GTA or Niagara Peninsula that I could participate in an audit with. I hope you have better luck than me.

8. Andy Nichols

Welcome!

To be honest, it's not going to happen. I'd suggest you rethink your career path. People who have attended a lead auditor class are ten a penny. I taught quite a few!

What you need is experience. Try getting into supplier quality first is what I'd suggest. Then, with that experience, a CB might be interested, particularly if you have a industry specialty. And, be careful which CB's wagon you hook your horse to...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  9. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Are you currently employed? Can you propose applying your new knowledge to help that organization identify gaps in some of their processes?

Are you a part of your local ASQ chapter? There may be someone local who is willing to offer some practical support.

I'm in the west end of the GTA, but due to the nature of my industry (i.e., confidentiality and privacy of our clients), it would be highly doubtful we'd unnecessarily bring someone in.

Andy Nichols likes this.