1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Should I audit roles that are not mentioned in the methodology?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Gabriela, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Gabriela

Gabriela New Member

Hello there,

In the past 2 years I have performed the internal Quality Management audit (ISO 9001). Every year at planning I usually evaluate the changes that have occurred in the last year in the company and try to make the audit plan based on this. This year I know that there are few roles used unofficial in the company. For this role there is nothing mentioned in the methodology. How should I proceed? Should I plan an audit interview with SCRUM Master? Should I skip it because there is nothing mentioned in the methodology? Thank you in advance for your advice!

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Typically, audits should consider the changes which affect the QMS, so the answer is "yes". If you are auditing the development process, then you will encounter people performing roles which are not defined. You should seek to audit what those people do - responsibility and authority etc and identify if the project runs smoother or not with them. Then you can report what you find.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  3. Gabriela

Gabriela New Member

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Roles don't need to be mentioned in a document to be auditable. Even the standard is silent in documenting roles. Clause 5.3 only mentioned "ensure that the responsibilities and authorities for relevant roles are assigned, communicated and understood within the organization".

Andy Nichols likes this.