1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Document Control System ISO 9001:2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by KyleG, Nov 27, 2018.

1. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

To start i have a few questions, first does anyone know where i can purchase the ISO standard i seem to be falling into loops of "we will get you certified" websites, and secondly does anyone actually use any software besides excel, word and a share drive to control documents and keep records?

2. bkirch

bkirch Active Member

There are probably other locations to purchase the standard, but one location is www.aiag.org.

3. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

THANKS!

4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

In our country, I purchased my copy from the Department of Trade and Industry. Your country's equivalent agency might be selling also copies of ISO standards.

5. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @KyleG , and welcome to the group.

Yes, there are indeed numerous softwares that you will be prompted to purchase for this purpose. Obviously some better than others. Please allow me to share a response I made on a different forum, to a question similar to yours....

Flexibility is the key. What if they wish to add columns to the the template for alternative processes? What if they wish to utilize a family or modular FMEA for similar products, in which case FMEA and control plan numbering don’t “align “? The key is to make sure the teams don’t ever utter the words “our system won’t let us do that.” These are some of the pitfalls I’ve seen in my years of professional experience. Plex makes systems that seem to be amongst the easiest to utilize but buyer beware of the concerns I mentioned above.

Hope this helps

Be well.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. Neo113016

Neo113016 Member

You can purchase it online.

https://www.iso.org/standard/62085.html

7. KyleG

KyleG Active Member