1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001:2015 Continuity Plan

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Yuhanis Yusof, Oct 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yuhanis Yusof

Yuhanis Yusof New Member

Dear all,

I would like to get some idea on the continuity of ISO 9001:2015 implementation.
    FYI,my company already certified and we currently planning for next year move forward plan.
    Can you guys suggest what kind of activities (such as reviewing procedure,enhance ISO awareness by conducting training) that can be included too.

2. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

An ISO system takes some years to be stable and fully implemented once is started for first time, in short , what is next, is to take it to other level of maturity, take a look at Iso 9004, which is recommended to enhance quality Management systems.
    Hope this helps

BradM likes this.
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Usually, a continuity plan is to minimise disruptions which may arise from labour shortages, power outages, other utilities being lost (gas, water), storms etc. If you are thinking about succession planning, that's a different focus. Neither are required by ISO 9001, but are very worthy of doing.

BradM likes this.
  4. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Yuhanis Yusof!

Continuity of your management system depends on the internal and external issues that apply to your organization, your interested parties and their relevant needs, your risks and opportunities, and the strategic direction your management chooses based on these factors.

For the rest, just carry on with the plan; if you find the plans are not adequate or properly carried out during monitoring and measurement, including internal audit and through interested party feedback, take actions to remediate.

Plan, Do, Check, Act. That is all there is to the secret formula.

BradM likes this.
  5. BradM

BradM Moderator Staff Member

Hello Yuhanis Yusof! Welcome to the forum!

I guess I'm a bit confused by your wording. What exactly do you mean: continuity plan?

So your quality program has received certification to ISO9001-2015. Are you asking what steps your organization should do moving forward? If yes, (like Andy and Jennifer noted) continuity plan is a bit different concept than a quality improvement plan.

Some thoughts:

1. Does Upper management really understand the program? Are they supporting it with resources?
    2. Do the Rank and file employee understand the benefits of the quality program?
    3. Do the procedures make sense? Is there buy-in from the individuals responsible for the different processes?
    4. Is there a good review of the processes, procedures? Is value stream mapping performed? Do the procedures address the value added (critical) part of the processes?
    This is certainly just an off the top of my head list. I just wanted to see if this is going towards the direction of your question.