1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001:2015, Question on contract review and electronic approval/acceptance

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Liily, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Liily

Liily New Member

Hello All,
    I started working for a company that is registered to 3 different standards, has four different "groups" that are registered to different standards some of them 1, some 2 and one of them all 3 but they all follow the same QSM which is difficult for me to manage.
    One of these groups are small 2 people, and they are requesting to go paperless for quote and contract review. the current process tells them to print and stamp acknowledging the order. This is also captured during the back and forth with the customer via email (which is all saved) Is this allowable and how should we capture this in a process for this specific area?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

To call anything today "contract review" is a bit of a misnomer. However, whatever the organization does, it's good practice to acknowledge, in some form the inquiry or receipt of a transaction with the customer. However you accomplish this is up to you and how you define the "record" (retained information). Those emails seem fine to me (it should be clear from the content what it relates to, any "version" etc.)

Liily likes this.
  3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Yes it's allowable. Clause 7.5.2b mentioned "electronic" as one of the media for documented information.