1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Server inaccessible with a 503 error

Discussion in 'Forum Issues and Suggestions' started by Atul Khandekar, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Atul Khandekar

Atul Khandekar Administrator Staff Member

Folks, the server where forums are hosted had some glitch and was inaccessible for the past three hours or so -giving a 503 (Service Unavailable) error. The issue is now resolved and the site is up again.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Candi1024 and Pancho like this.
  2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Some people noticed it but are happy to see our home back up again.

Pancho likes this.
  3. Atul Khandekar

Atul Khandekar Administrator Staff Member

The issue seems have occured @approx 3 AM my time zone (when I was asleep !). Hence the delay in resolving it. Andy's email about it was sitting in my inbox since @4:30AM. The outage mainly affected our members from the US time zone as this would be about time when many of them trying to access the forums. Did that set off some alarms-if not panic? There was a post about it at the Ohio Bay group !!

I saw it only @6:30AM or so when I tried to log in. Called up my hosting provider immediately and they reset it back to normal.

I would be working to ensure better server uptime, but in case such a thing happens again and there is any delay, I just want to assure everyone that the site isn't going away !!

If you cannot access the forums for any reason, you can reach me at atul(dot)khandekar(at)gmail(dot)com -OR- admin(at)QualityForumOnline(dot)com.

Rich008 and PaulJSmith like this.
  4. Claes Gefvenberg

Claes Gefvenberg Moderator Staff Member

I did notice it, right before going to bed, but assumed it was exactly that: A software glitch. I have seen a few of them lately, but not really reacted, as they have lasted no more than a few seconds. The three hours duration was a bit of a surprise

Now, while writing this, I got the following error message, but all I had to do as to close the box and everything was fine again:

5. Rich008

Rich008 Member

I noticed it too...:confused: and I have only just found you all, as I was thinking "not again"

6. PaulJSmith

PaulJSmith Well-Known Member

Thanks, Atul. Yeah, I think we're all still a little "gun-shy" right now. Appreciate your being on top of it.

7. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

No problem. Thought for a moment I lost QFO again. Anyway, Happy Birthday and may you have many more friends and blessings in the years to come.