1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

What is Quality? - article for company newsletter

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Anna Wagstaffe, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Anna Wagstaffe

Anna Wagstaffe Member

Hi,

I have been asked to write a short article or series or articles to be included in the company's quarterly newsletter on Quality, rather than the audit preparation we have previously done. I would like to start at first principals and ignore ISO9001 totally at the moment, bringing it in later. I quite like Henry Ford's supposed quote "Quality means doing it right when no-one is looking" as a starting point.

Has anyone written anything like this or know of anything I could use? I have to have it ready in the next couple of days to go out with wage slips on Friday.

Many thanks, Anna

2. Jim Gardner

Jim Gardner Member

Anna Wagstaffe likes this.
  3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

4. BradM

BradM Moderator Staff Member

"The customer's definition of quality is the only one that matters." W Edwards Deming

Ellie, MrCarline and Anna Wagstaffe like this.
  5. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

As you can see, quality is many things to many people. Is is "Good Value"? Well, some really cheap imported things I consider to be a good value even if they break quickly. It all depends on the context of "value". Some very expensive things are high "quality" but not "good value". As Brad says, it is in the eye of YOUR customer, what they consider quality. Would probably make a good COTO-type discussion for management, maybe ISO9001:2018?

Anna Wagstaffe and BradM like this.
  6. Anna Wagstaffe

Anna Wagstaffe Member

Thanks for your responses there are some great ideas there with I will use for upcoming editions. I ended up writing a short article on why making sure your work is done right so the next person doesn't inherit "hassle" is important to quality.

Atul Khandekar and John C. Abnet like this.
  7. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Your topic is a good one Anna. It's all about SUSTAINABILITY !!

Would love to see the final product @Anna Wagstaffe . Is it something you would be willing to share ?!

Anna Wagstaffe and Imp37 like this.