1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

management reviews

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Stephanie MAF, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Stephanie MAF

Stephanie MAF New Member

We meet twice a year for management reviews. This year our re-certification audit will be in July. If we do not have both management reviews for the year complete will we be hit with a NC?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Depends what you recorded in your last review. Had you made all your changes at that point? Did you know, for example, that your QMS was in compliance? Had it been audited so your could do a review of the findings? If not, then a good CB auditor is likely to write you up...

3. Stephanie MAF

Stephanie MAF New Member

We started auditing to the 2015 standard last year -internally. We don't specify a date that the reviews take place only that it is twice a year. I have everything documented very well for the new reqs to this standard. I feel we are ready in that respect. Only concern I have is not meeting a second time before the external audit. Our first management review meeting is taking place April 5th. Just got the dates for our external audit -July 17th.

4. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I think you should be fine. Things don't happen in a vacuum. You shouldn't stop normal everyday working just to get in a management review before the auditor arrives.

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

No. I don't think so. But I would prefer to have the management reviews done on a more frequent basis.

6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Management review is like a navigation exercise: Are you headed in the right direction? Just as with budget meetings, doing them twice a year and then to discover you've over-run or underspent your budget, you don't want to discover that you failed to meet you objectives etc. I'd suggest 4 a year is more appropriate - including just before your CB audit, to confirm readiness...

John C. Abnet likes this.
  7. David Bradley

David Bradley Active Member

Back when I first started in this stuff (in the 1800's I think), I would say that if you had a mature system, in a mature, stable system you could extend management reviews out beyond a year. However, a lot has changed since then (including my own viewpoints). With the amount of external changes facing organizations, I think Andy's once a quarter might even be too long between. A lot of companies cover many of the items in management review on almost a daily basis. This allows proper response to the dynamics of the organization. A yearly review probably should be more geared towards strategic planning as opposed to review of past performance. Past performance is better reviewed as it happens.