1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Scope statements

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Andy Nichols, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

At the end of a recent AS9100 D upgrade audit, an organization received a minor nc for not having a complete scope. What they ended up with, in response to the nc, is 3 paragraphs, with multiple "exclusions" being justified (not simply design) and a list of "special processes". Is this the new fashion? Does the AAQG require this? (An ANAB auditor was present)

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day Andy Nichols. Are you at liberty to expound on the "minor nc?" i.e. what specifically was it about the scope that the auditor was not satisfied with? Can you help me/us understand what they meant by "...not having a complete scope?"
    Thank you.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'm currently asking for that detail and also asked some colleagues who are involved with the AAQG committees. I smell "mission creep" by the auditor...

John C. Abnet likes this.