1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Interested parties and their expectations

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Siva Prasad, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Siva Prasad

Siva Prasad New Member

Hi All,

I need a clarification in documenting the Interested parties and their expectations. I have identified the stakeholders as Customers, Board of directors, employees etc... to name a few. While documenting their expectation from the QMS, most of the expectations are repetitive. So My question here is...
    1. Do I need to document them elaboratively.( even though there are repetitions)?
    2. Should I mention the Monitoring mechanisms( frequency, Type of review) for all the expectations?
    3. Should I link expectations back to the Mission, Vision, values of the organization?

Please help.

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I think we can expect overlap on a high level, but there may be details that are specific. For example, Customers, Board of directors, employees can all have needs for abiding by regulations but their perspectives and the specific regulations are different.

We should not think of this as something that is being considered for the first time. I suspect you know what your customers' needs and interests are, and the Board, and the employees. You don't need to list them all, but the ones that could impact your business should certainly get attention.

Does your organization have a business plan? If so, it's possible that much of this is already done.

How often to review is up to your organization. Some issues are certain to be more fluid and some static; some will be urgent and others will be less concerning. Very often I see this being included in Management Review; some can (and might already) be included in more tactical level departmental meetings. If that is the case, why not take credit for it?

Siva Prasad likes this.
  3. normzone

normzone Well-Known Member

(raises hand, eagerly waving) " Ooh, ooh, I think I know this one! Because there's no record of it, therefore it never happened, at least from the auditable point of view? "

EDIT: My cow orkers often allege having met some requirement in one of the aforementioned tactical level meetings, but ask me if I can take their word for it, since insufficient records are kept of these meetings.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I am sure there are managers that run their businesses off of tribal knowledge. And, it should be mentioned that there is no requirement for documented information with this. Where might we find it besides meetings and business plans?

The design/R&D process
    Contract review
    Customer satisfaction queries
    Sales and order documentation
    Specifications
    Permits
    Insurance policies
    Communications
    Union negotiation process
    Proposals
    Complaints

5. Siva Prasad

Siva Prasad New Member

Thanks a lot for the reply. This is indeed helpful.:)

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Obviously, the queries of @Siva Prasad stem from his interpretation of the requirements within clause 4.2 of ISO 9001:2015. This clause should not be addressed in isolation from the other requirements. Clause 4.1, even 4.2, serves as input to other clauses within the standard. If an organization has a clear "understanding" of the needs/expectations of the interested parties {NOT documentation), then the requirements in other clauses will be better fulfilled. For examples:
    • in 6.2 - organizations will be prevented from setting/achieving objectives where nobody cares about;
    • in 4.3 - organizations with multiple products/services will be guided on what products/services should be included in the scope of the QMS;
    • in 8.2, 8.3 - more suitable specifications and characteristics of the products/services will be determined. etc.
    The standard does not require documented information on both 4.1 and 4.2. Please refer to A.6 of the standard.

upload_2024-2-8_11-4-34.png
    See also related topic on this. https://www.qualityforumonline.com/...interested-parties-matrix-nc.3546/#post-24463

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.: