1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Best Certifications to Get for Quality Manager

Discussion in 'Professional Certifications and Degrees' started by MP480, Apr 6, 2017.

1. MP480

MP480 Member

Hello,

What do you guys recommend for certifications that will help improve a career for a Quality Manager?

Looking for certifications that will distinguish, elevated/promote, attract employers, or increase salary opportunities?

Thoughts?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

ASQ Quality Manager, ASQ Auditor. Some kind of Lead Auditor course certification (with an exam pass) through Exemplar Global, PECB etc.

3. MP480

MP480 Member

Thanks, Andy! Doesn't the ASQ Quality Manager have some high requirements before being able to put in for testing?

4. MP480

MP480 Member

Most of them seem 8-10 of experience. I'm not quite there yet and I just started into management about a year ago. Any recommendations?

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'm not certain what you're looking at that gives years of expertise etc. I checked here: https://asq.org/training/catalog/topics/quality-management

The Lead Auditor course doesn't require previous experience, per se, only when you want to become a Certified Lead Auditor which is a professional qualification (but really unnecessary if you're no going to be a Supplier QA or Registrar auditor. The class is good...

6. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

CQA can be a bit involved if you do not have the years in, I say start out with easy "lifetime" certs like CQIA, CQT, CQPA, all of these will provide a backbone to build on, then throw in CSSGB and CQI. At that point you have the knowledge and experience to take the CQM/OE or CQA, CQE exams.

Jennifer Kirley likes this.
  7. MP480

MP480 Member

Seems like they have educational and job experience requirements -- see far right column

upload_2017-5-19_11-28-9.png

Thanks hogheavenfarm do you have a link to the "lifetime certs"? They are certs correct, not just training?

8. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

Yes , several are lifetime, CCT and CQM, CQE, and CQA are not, they are renewable every three years, either with a retest, or by earning brownie points with ASQ.
    https://asq.org/cert/catalog

9. FlynBrian27

FlynBrian27 New Member

I would also sign up, and pass a 6S(Six Sigma) Green (then on to Black) Belt class.
    Google things like Lean Manufacturing, 6S Green Belt, etc. Hope this helps!