1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Will the new changes address retention requirements for digitally kept/archived records?

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by mlouc, Apr 15, 2016.

1. mlouc

mlouc Member

I'm interested in knowing what, if anything, will be addressed as part of the coming changes respective to electronic data storage of records? In particular, my organization wants to stop using paper build books and start using a software that will create electronic build books and these would also be stamped by the operators electronically (using iPads I imagine). I believe a prior certification body I worked with had addressed this in their "coming changes" literature but I cannot recall the specifics.

Also, what is the current requirement (from an ISO/TS) perspective regarding electronically kept and archived records? I've never had to audit this. Thank you!