1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Who is a good ISO 9001:2015 certification body to use?

Discussion in 'Registrars (Certification Bodies) & Registration' started by MP480, Oct 11, 2017.

1. MP480

MP480 Member

I would like them to be internationally accredited.

Thanks in advance!

Also, do they ever just "fail" a company or do they really work with you to help you pass??

I know these are fairly expensive..

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Firstly, there is no "international accreditation", since (IAF) accreditation bodies are nationally based - so your best bet it to chose an ANAB accredited USA based registrar.

Who can tell if anyone ever fails these days? There really isn't such a thing (not since 1987). Getting a "major" isn't a failure really, it simply means you have to do something to be fully in compliance. Registrars are NOT allowed to "help you to pass". You either comply, implement an effective management system or you don't.

"Fairly expensive" is a subjective statement. If you are asking about ISO 9001 certification, the number of days can be figured out, for your audit based on the IAF "MD-5" document (www.IAF.nu then click on "Publications"). The average rate/audit day is around $1300. There will be fees and travel to consider. Most registrars will be within a few hundred $$ of each other on the days for the audit, watch out for fees! "Expensive"? What's the cost of not having it?

MP480 likes this.
  3. MP480

MP480 Member

Thanks for the information Andy!

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. MP480

MP480 Member

Anyone with good/bad experiences for these: NQA, Perry Johnson, or Bureau Veritas. I'm waiting on one more quote from BV but after that I will need to decide.

Thoughts???

Thanks in advance!

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I was the sales dude (east coast) for NQA for 8 years until 1 year ago. Of the two (excluding BV it seems) they are wonderful - no hidden fees, very easy to work with and reasonable auditors (like many CBs they share quite a few). Find my friend Terri Sena on the NQA website and call her. Tell her hi and you got the lead from me. I know the others and now I have to go shower... ;)

6. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

We use NQA and I have never had a single complaint with them. They have been our registrar since 2008.

Andy Nichols likes this.