1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

User Friendly

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by NattyG, Mar 26, 2018.

1. NattyG

NattyG Member

I'm doing all my 'Documented files' or 'records' this week ready for audit.

I want to stick all of my records together for ease of access. Does anyone have any quarrels with this? Does it matter? How does everyone else keep their records up-to-date?

It's just going to make my life easier.

On one sheet,

Audits

On another,

NCR's

Etc. all together on the same excel document.

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

I keep my records up-to-date by completing them in a timely fashion, and ensuring they are accessible to the proper stakeholders. Typically, I don't move them around for an audit. An audit is about following your process - if your process is to keep identified records in defined locations on the system, I wouldn't go about moving them.

Although, perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question...

John C. Abnet and Pancho like this.
  3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @NattyG .
    As per the council you have already received above, it is important to ensure that a management system works FOR the organization. In order to accomplish that, it is likewise important that the management system is accessible and understood by those required. In other-words, ensure that the "audience and participants" in your organization (whomever that may be) does not rely on a single source (i.e. you) for locating/following/"walking through" aspects of the management system.

For those involved in developing a management system (hopefully that is a shared activity within your organization, not the least of which must be Top Management), the goal is to "leave a thumbprint" for the day that those individuals may choose to leave the organization. A properly constructed management system will allow the next individual(s) to understand and continue on.

Summary: As you have been advised by @RoxaneB , the audit should simply be a seamless demonstration of what takes place on a day to day basis. The goal is a management system that functions without the need to " prepare" for an audit.

Be well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018