1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Special Status in Customer satisfaction

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Fbd20, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Fbd20

Fbd20 New Member

Hello,
    I am wondering which incidents can be defined as special status, as in IATF 9.1.2.1 e).
    Thanks in advance.

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @Fbd20 ;
    Welcome to the forum.

My understanding is that in this case "special" is not good (i.e. like the "special" chair I often had to sit in in middle school.)

I believe this to be specific engagement requirements imposed by the customer as the result of DISsatisfaction. For example, as result of a nonconformity, a customer may impose additional inspection requirements (often referred to as "200%" or "300%" inspection, or "GP5" in the case of General Motors). The requirement here, therefore, requires that these occurrences of "detention" are identified when considering customer satisfaction.

Hope this helps.

Be well.

3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

The IATF 16949 standard (section 3.1) defines "special status" as...

"notification of a customer-identified classification assigned to an organization where one or more customer requirements are not being satisfied due to a significant quality or delivery issue"

4. Fbd20

Fbd20 New Member

Thank you John, this has been quite helpful.

5. leyladonmez

leyladonmez Member

hello,

when we search in Renault CSR document we didn't see any notification for FIEV. do we have to have FIEV training for Renault.