1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Sick of Being Disrespected by Coworker - Meeting Monday - Need Advice

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by Nikki, Nov 19, 2015.

1. rlewing

rlewing Member

Having sometime observed something alike, I would like to hear how this case ended?

2. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

A follow-up meeting was conducted and I received an apology from the employee. They explained that they were frustrated at the time due to how some projects were going and that he basically took it out on me.

I will say that since that second meeting I have been treated fairly and respectfully.

3. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

Hanlon's Razor. :)

Every day I say to myself "An adult SHOULD know this ..." and every day I find evidence proving myself wrong. It sounds like Mr. Abusive didn't really realize it, or think past his own feelings. And it sounds like it stopped.

Enjoy the respite, but guard yourself for passive aggressive. It may take a few times because that's how termination goes in the US, but if the behavior doesn't change, the boss will have to fire the guy. (I assume that because your username is "Nikki" you are a female and this abusive employee is a male. That's a fat discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen. Easy pickings for a lawyer in today's climate. Your boss MUST act if it continues.)

Claes Gefvenberg likes this.