1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Same Auditor for Certificate ISO ?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by phoong, Aug 16, 2016.

1. phoong

phoong Member

Hi,

My company is certificated by ISO 9001 by a same auditor for 6 years, but recently i heard from my friend that it shall not be. So i just want to confirm whether is ok or not ....

Thanks in advance.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Sure. There are no rules about the length of time a CB auditor can be assigned to an ISO 9001 client.

3. phoong

phoong Member

Oic, thanks for your advise.

4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Ask your friend, where did he get that rule? Or would you like to recommend a CB?

5. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

TS requires auditor rotation. Maybe he got it from there.

6. Andy Nichols

Who cares? Unless it's a CB requirement, then anything an unqualified source tells you should be treated with caution. That's why people come here for (qualified) help.

phoong likes this.
  7. Vintage Goose

Vintage Goose Active Member

There is nothing in ISO 9001 or 13485. However.......in the new Medical Device and IVD Regulations, Annex VIII, Clause 4.6 attempts to limit the time an auditor can visit a company.

"As a general rule, a lead auditor shall not lead and attend an audit for more than three consecutive years in respect to the same manufacturer."

For a very prescriptive regulation, it will be interesting to see how "As a general rule...." gets interpreted :)

Chris

phoong likes this.
  8. Andy Nichols

As with all certification service, it's a blend of having the "right auditor" within a "reasonable" distance. In other words, the economics will come into play. A client may not appreciate having to fly an auditor from the west coast, just because their previous auditor was east coast based (USA that is) and was "required" to be changed...

9. phoong

phoong Member

HI Guys, thanks for you're all for advise

My friend is from semiconductor, I thinks the company he worked had certificate with TS and so maybe he also confused. His company did certificated by a same CB but they ask the CB to assigned different auditor to audit them every year.

Besides this the CB auditor who i mentioned is a friend of my manager, so he "close both of his eye" during the audit. He never give us any NC even minor to us, but my company did not even close the NC issued in our internal audit for two years in row and never send someone to external training. My QMR only write a bunch of internal training but did not exist and the CB auditor is accepted for these years.