1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Requesting a new auditor

Discussion in 'Managing Your Certification Body Relationship' started by Mitch Kerbs, May 2, 2016.

1. Mitch Kerbs

Mitch Kerbs New Member

Has anyone had experience requesting new auditors from your CB?

I recently started with a new company whose most recent audit had not gone well. Prior to my starting with the company, the lead auditor had reviewed and closed out all CAs from that audit. The concern I have is that I was recently sent an email regarding scheduling our upcoming SA, and an email chain was included (I assume unintentionally) which showed a conversation between the person who is going to be the lead for the upcoming audit and the second (who was also the second on the previous audit) in which a strong bias against our company is very evident.

We all carry bias, but this goes beyond general personal bias to outright animosity towards our company. I feel like this is a no-win situation.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Please, call your contact at the CB and make the request. If you have reason to believe the auditor isn't a good fit, that's all you need to say. It happens more commonly than you might think. You are the customer, after all...

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    tlonkey likes this.
  3. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Andy. I had two occasions where an auditor was a poor fit for our company, and a simple request to the CB immediately rectified the situation.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. GStough

GStough Member

In your situation, I agree with what the others have stated. However, sometimes when you request a different auditor (certainly not the case with your situation!), things can go worse than you ever dreamed! True story from a previous life. I remember that lesson well.