1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

RCA for every nonconformity? (10.2)

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by FlightlessWaterfowl, Nov 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Your bluntness is almost as refreshing as a G&T. ;)

Andy Nichols likes this.
  2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with you actually helping and closing them out. If you just "hit and run" all you do is go in, knock over the gumball machine and tell them to pick it up. On the other hand, if you go in and help them figure it all out you may have a better working relationship.

But to answer you original question, yes it would be ok to make an observation that after so many opportunities the issue has not re-occurred. If you can tie down the number of potential opportunities for the error to re-occur, you'll have some numbers.

tony s likes this.
  3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day PPAP assassin;
    From my experiences it depends partially on the industry (i.e. the "customer"). I have spent most of my career in automotive OEM (Japanese) 1st tier supply chain. In the circles I am familiar with a corrective action is always a requirement. The question that must (in those circles) be answered, is "what has changed since the nonconformity ?"
    (the implication being, ...."if nothing has changed then nothing will change" )

Be well.

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

The PPAP Assassin likes this.