1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality standards / tools updates

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by russell nugent, Jul 8, 2022.

1. russell nugent

russell nugent Active Member

There are various tools and quality standards we use internally , such as VDA 6.3 , 6.6 , IAIG and so on . Does anyone have any suggestions how to monitor and keep up to date .We have been caught out in recent audit with not using IAIG / VDA harmonised FMEA update.

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Go
    Good day @russell nugent ;
    If your organization's goal is to be notified if/when any relevant standards (SAE, VGA.DIN, JIS, ISO, etc..etc...) have been updated, then there are a multitude of inexpensive subscription services available. The one I have used is IHS Global.

Now on to a more concerning part of your post. You mentioned "We have been caught out in recent audit with not using IAIG / VDA harmonized FMEA update."
    Can you please expound on that ? There is only ONE release of VDA/AIAG harmonized FMEA standard. i.e there are no updates. Are you saying that your organization was "caught in a recent audit" (3rd party??) because your organization was still using the AIAG 4th edition guide for your FMEAs?

Please help me understand. Thank you.

Be well.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

This is a bogus "finding". The AIAG/VDA version isn't an "update" to the 4th edition. It's an alternative. Tell your CB management they need to reign in their "mission creep" auditors and check their competency, as required by ISO/IEC 17021...

4. russell nugent

russell nugent Active Member

It was a customer audit and our internal work instruction stated that we used the latest edition , so technically we could have argued our case . We decided to purchase VDA/AIAG and have a look first .

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Oh one of THOSE auditors...:rolleyes:

The VDA/AIAG method is superior (I have written a class on it) and I'd encourage it's adoption, however, the auditor is still wrong. the VDA version isn't "version "5""