1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality Qualifications UK

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by ldewson86, May 29, 2019.

1. ldewson86

ldewson86 New Member

Good afternoon all

I work at a furniture manufacturer and my role is a supplier quality engineer, I was promoted in house and i have been doing the role for few years. I have completed various training and courses (Problem Solving, Lead Auditor, Core Tools, Yellow Belt) but i have now been given the green light by my manager to get "qualified".

My question is what qualifications based in the UK are best suited to a Quality Assurance role ? I have been recommended by a senior co worker City & Guilds 743 but that appears to no longer be in operation. I have also seen courses ran by CQI but these appear to be distance learning only, i would prefer class based learning possible either night school or periodic week long modules.

I am looking for a qualification that is highly regarded in the Quality profession and is somewhere close to a degree / HNC/D

Any suggestions / recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

I realize ASQ would also be "distance learning", but the exams are sufficiently rigorous to have the certificates be honored in many parts of the world. About half of the certificates are "lifetime", the rest require professional attention throughout the year and are renewable in three years.
    https://asq.org/cert/catalog