Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

QMS Software

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by jamescrockford, Jan 4, 2019.

1. jamescrockford

jamescrockford Active Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good and "competitively priced" QMS software system that handles document control, audit, non-conformance and corrective action etc.

Note, my company is based in the UK.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

James: Haven't yet found one which does anything but document control and corrective action even remotely well...

3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I have clients that use EtQ, not for audits though.

4. jamescrockford

jamescrockford Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys...Q pulse is a big one in the UK but very expensive.

To be honest, its something to make the management of NC's and CAPA's that would make my life easier!

At the moment, I have a spreadsheet with details but this requires a lot of manual work in keeping it up to date, e-mailing and chasing assignees and then reporting on the information. How do others do this?

5. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

There are plenty of software applications out there, but each is different in both functionality and cost. Is cloud-based okay or does it need to be on your company's servers? Some include tie-ins to training records. Some are well-based in their industries (e.g., the one my organization uses is fairly common in healthcare in Canada, but I personally find it to be one of the most non-user-friendly programs I've ever used...for the record, I didn't select it).

All that said, it can send emails out and some can even escalate the emails to people's bosses, but there will still be a need to chase people unless there is a culture of accountability. That comes from senior leadership, not a box.

6. pkfraser

pkfraser Member

James
    Synergi is used in the Oil & Gas sector in the UK, and I also know of Mango (contact Chris Docherty at FQM) and Action Tracker (Pete Henderson at Pisys) that offer similar functionality. I can give you contact details for Chris and Pete. Not sure of costs, though...