1. Hello and Welcome to The Quality Forum Online...Continuing in the spirit of People Helping People !
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Purchasing data review requirements

Discussion in 'ISO 13485 and ISO 14969 – Medical Devices QMS' started by K Muela, Apr 26, 2016.

1. K Muela

K Muela New Member

We have an automated system for POs, and there is no capability for review and approval by a second party. Is it acceptable "evidence" of review to have the buyer make a notation in comments that they themselves have reviewed the PO for accuracy?

2. David Sanabria

David Sanabria Active Member

Which standard and requirements are you making a reference to?

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Well, it's posted in the 13485/14969 forum...

4. David Sanabria

David Sanabria Active Member

While an excellent observation - many companies have multiple certificate and so the question was to clarify the issue with the individual making the post. Having said there, there is that .9% that I could be stretching my imagination and they posted the question in the wrong forum. :))

5. matkins151

matkins151 New Member

I don't see any requirement in ISO13485 for review and approval of purchase orders by a second party. If this is required in your internal procedures, you can also state how the review is to be documented. Or change your procedure to eliminate the requirement.