1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello and Welcome to The Quality Forum Online...Continuing in the spirit of People Helping People !
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Product Branding Change

Discussion in 'Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide' started by Vintage Goose, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Vintage Goose

Vintage Goose Active Member

Hi, a few years ago, the company I work for purchased another company in a different EU country. Until now there has been no move to integrate the product ranges (general IVDs sold worldwide). Now it is being suggested that we re-brand the second company's products with our branding, but retain the original company name, address, CE Marking, etc.

Primarily, this means changing the carton colour from yellow to white and a change in logo on the carton, label and IFU. However, CE Marking and Declarations of Conformity are unchanged, as are technical specifications, intended use, instructions etc.

I expected this to be straight forward and most countries are not seeing any issue with this. However our distributors in S America (Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela) say they need to re-register the products at a significant cost. With 50+ products, they say the cost will run into 10s of thousands of dollars.

Does anyone have any experience in these areas they can help me with? Would you expect to re-register products at a significant cost for such a minor change?

2. indicator

indicator Member

If there is a change in following criteria, then you need to re-register the device.
    • Manufacturer name changes
    • Sponsor name changes
    • Class of device changes
    • GMDN code changes
    • Intended purpose changes