1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Product Branding Change

Discussion in 'Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide' started by Vintage Goose, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Vintage Goose

Vintage Goose Active Member

Hi, a few years ago, the company I work for purchased another company in a different EU country. Until now there has been no move to integrate the product ranges (general IVDs sold worldwide). Now it is being suggested that we re-brand the second company's products with our branding, but retain the original company name, address, CE Marking, etc.

Primarily, this means changing the carton colour from yellow to white and a change in logo on the carton, label and IFU. However, CE Marking and Declarations of Conformity are unchanged, as are technical specifications, intended use, instructions etc.

I expected this to be straight forward and most countries are not seeing any issue with this. However our distributors in S America (Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela) say they need to re-register the products at a significant cost. With 50+ products, they say the cost will run into 10s of thousands of dollars.

Does anyone have any experience in these areas they can help me with? Would you expect to re-register products at a significant cost for such a minor change?

2. indicator

indicator Member

If there is a change in following criteria, then you need to re-register the device.
    • Manufacturer name changes
    • Sponsor name changes
    • Class of device changes
    • GMDN code changes
    • Intended purpose changes